.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

20 December 2005

Tuesday's Word

jazz*, by a rough definition-of-thumb, is an improvisational, Afro-American musical idiom. It makes use of elements of rhythm, melody, and harmony from Africa, and of melody and harmony from the European musical tradition. The influence of jazz, and of closely associated Afro-American idiom, and elements of jazz have permeated a good deal of our concert music as well.

*The Enjoyment of Music: An Introduction to Perceptive Listening, Joseph Machlis, Third Edition/Shorter, W.W. Norton & Company, 1970.

4 Comments:

Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Gothamimage, Scott McClellan plans each breath. The Boy King can't be trusted to do extemporaneous speaking. One almost feels sorry for people represented by a fool who shames his own party.

07:10  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Three cheers for you, Love! My earliest memories of music are of jazz and classical.

23:37  
Blogger Douglas Hoffman said...

Hey, did I miss ennead? I need to come around more often!

15:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just checking out blogs and thought I would stop and read yours since we have some of the same interests and ideas. Some of the ideas are a little much and some are right on. I am glad I stopped by just to say hi I hope you don't mind. Some people consider it spam ( I DON'T ) but if you don't want people to post why do they leave it open for the world to see. I have some great wedding information and articles available for free around 2000 savings ideas so stop on in if you want... I also have some of the most informative sites on yoga and baby gifts and baby showers. Hope you enjoy Thank you for your time.yoga positions thailand

yoga positions thailand

01:42  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats