.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

22 November 2005

Tuesday's Word

fortuitous* \for - 't(y)u-et-es, fer - \ adj [L fortuitus; akin to L fort-fors] 1 : occurring by chance 2 : FORTUNATE, LUCKY syn see ACCIDENTAL -- for-tu-itous-ly adv -- for-tu-itous-ness n

In conversation: It is ~ that the lovely Sarah Jackson suggested today's Word. Or, it was ~ that my brother called today. Or, perhaps, ~ we are for family and friends.

*Webster's New Collegiate Dictionary

7 Comments:

Blogger Chatty said...

I love that word. There are some words that just have a great sound. Fortuitous. Tenacity...

I could go on and on.

15:38  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thanks for visiting, Chatty! Yes, the readers have better ideas than I do!

23:05  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As in the fact that I stopped by your blog today?

12:37  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Catherine, it is my honor! If you can talk me through it, I will list the names of the bloggers I read!

15:44  
Blogger Theresa said...

It's an excellent word for the holiday season. I hope your week is filled with many ~ experiences.

21:37  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thanks, Theresa!

21:58  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for this informative blog. I'm interested in anything related to Yoga. Thanks again. kripalu yoga boston ma

11:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats