.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

12 August 2006

Golden Anniversary

Happy Golden Anniversary to Jean and Orson Rice! When they met in January of 1956, my mother was so impressed with my father's intelligence that she invented a Friday the Thirteenth Party to assure seeing him again. They were married in August. Several years later, their sons, David, and Steven, were born.

This morning, my mother was transported to a local hospital, complaining of chest pains. She was treated and released. My father has had similar trouble in the recent past.

Many of their friends stopped to wish them Happy Anniversary!

Throwing a party for them sure is work. Wish I had some help!

6 Comments:

Blogger soapbox.SUPERSTAR said...

That is a long time! Congrats to them!!!

Hope your mother is feeling well!

16:33  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thank you, Misty! She said she is feeling better with the stress of the party over. Mom's been very concerned over my father's Alzheimer's, too.

16:40  
Blogger barbie2be said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents, David!

I'm glad to hear that your mom is doing ok.

00:28  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thank you, Barbie! My mother is back to her usual self.

09:12  
Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

hey, my parents met and married in 53 and so we had the big party three years ago. it was a blast but yes, so much work. my mom did a lot of the planning herself but my sister and i both did a lot as well. my brothers are out of the area so not as easy to help. i'm glad they had so much fun that night. but yes, treasure them while you can. take my word on that.

18:53  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thank you, NSM, I will.

06:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats