.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

06 July 2007

Profile in Courage: Roz Savage

Dunked But Not Daunted: Open Letter to Geoff Holt
18 May 2007

Dear Geoff

I read your very eloquent blog about Monday's events - I am most impressed, and I think you put your side of the case extremely well.

I can't believe that the press would be so ignorant and cruel as to make negative comments about your brave attempt. In that vein, here is one of my favourite quotes, which I originally found a long time ago in Pete Goss's book Close to the Wind, although I have seen it many other places since:

It is not the critic who counts, nor the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who knows great enthusiasm, great devotion and the triumph of achievement and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while doing greatly - so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat...

Meantime, I hope this is giving you time to get over your cold. All the best - and better luck next time! ;-)
Roz

Bloggers, Roz Savage is an inspiration to the mortal among us. Bonne chance! www.RozSavage.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats