.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

24 December 2007

Funeral for a Friend

This post is an honor to a fallen friend, a means of closure, and a cry to examine one's own life. I met Tony while an undergrad in the early nineties. He was perceptive, resourceful, and brilliant. It seems, however, that demons haunted Tony. Where do the smart people turn for advice? Tony, we never knew.

To family: This post is to express my condolences for your personal loss. Is there anything I can do for you? If there is anything I can do for you, please call.

In the words of Marta, Tony's fiancee, he taught me to "Believe in love and people."

At present a link to Tony's life is found at http://anthonycorlando.legacy.com.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Mary said...

I came by to wish you well over the holidays. I am very sorry for your loss.

08:19  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, no. I'm so sorry to hear about Tony. I'm sure he was a very special person. I can't imagine how hurt and sad his friends, family, and fiancee must be feeling right now.

12:58  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thank you, Mary. Happy Holidays to you!

It's a mystery as to why Tony felt so hopeless that couldn't ask for help. Sure miss your Blog, Caryn!

The best of Holiday seasons to you both, Mary and Caryn. Thanks for your kind thoughts.

07:58  
Blogger The Cunning Runt said...

David, I'm sorry to hear this. It must be so terribly painful for you and his family and friends.

I lived for some years in anguish and fear as my older daughter struggled with suicide attempts, and thank God she never succeeded.

What a struggle it was to get her proper help! We need a serious push for mental health care parity in this country.

She's doing really well now, but the fear never entirely goes away.

My condolences and prayers go out to you all.

10:05  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

Thank you CR. I'm glad your daughter was able to get the help she needed.

14:34  
Blogger Jess Wundrun said...

Yoga, I have been off-line an awful lot lately and I missed this.

I am so sorry. My cousin died a few weeks ago and because he was suffering from depression our immediate response was suicide. We now believe it was an accident, but for a few days we felt guilt, anger, bewilderment. Sadness remains.

I am very sorry for your loss.

14:51  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

I am sorrowed to hear of your cousin, Jess, and thank you for the kind words. Is there a sense of guilt on the part of "survivors" who ask what they could have done to prevent such occurrences? In Tony's, case there were no signs or symptoms of which I was aware. But Hell, I was only a psych major.

23:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats