.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Yoga Korunta

Life & Politics

Name:
Location: United States

One learns, as nothing endures but change.

28 April 2006

Sorry, Dr. Seuss

"I'm the Decider"
by Roddy McCorley
With apologies to the late Theodore Seuss Geisel.

I'm the decider.
I pick and choose.

I pick among whats.
And choose among whos.

And as I decide
Each particular day.

The things I decide on
All turn out that way.

I decided on freedom
For all of Iraq.

And now that we have it,
I'm not looking back.

I decided on tax cuts
That just help the wealthy.

And Medicare changes
That aren't really healthy.

And parklands and wetlands
Who needs that stuff?

I decided that none
Would be more than enough!

I decided that schools
All in all are the best

The less that they teach
And the more that they test.

I decided those wages
You need to get by

Are much better spent
On some CEO guy.

I decided your Wade
which was versing your Roe

Is terribly awful
And just has to go.

I decided that levees
Are not really needed.

Now, when hurricanes come
They can come unimpeded.

That old Constitution?
Well, I have decided

As "just goddamn paper"
It should be derided.

I've decided gay marriage
Is icky and weird.

Above all other things,
It's the one to be feared.

And Cheney and Rummy
And Condi all know

That I'm the Decider-
They tell me it's so.

I'm the Decider
So watch what you say

Or I may decide
To have you whisked away.

Or I'll tap your phones.
Your email I'll read.

'cause I'm the Decider-
Like Jesus decreed.

5 Comments:

Blogger NotSoccer Mom said...

Wow, this just says it all. i think dr. seuss would have loved it too.

01:21  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

The Bush Administration is as close to a totalitarian regime as this country has seen. One reason they are getting away with this is for the influence of church money. Separation of church and state is having unintended consequences!

09:18  
Blogger DivaJood said...

This is a quote from Nazi leader Herman Goering: "Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to do the bidding of the leaders. All you have to do is tell them that they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

That's how they get away with it. They are liars, cheats and thieves.

11:59  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

How right you are, Diva Jood!

12:22  
Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

I've always held a high opinion of Canadians; they keep the beautiful country clean. Americans? Hah! Many of them pollute even when conservation is easier. They are known as Republicans.

23:09  

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats